Change of scope and target market for i386
Nicholas Skaggs
2017-09-27 17:53:42 UTC
This means 32-bit images / tests can also be removed from the isotracker.

Nicholas
2017-09-27 18:01:43 UTC
Post by Nicholas Skaggs
This means 32-bit images / tests can also be removed from the isotracker.
Nicholas
Carefully so it only affects Ubuntu or any flavour that wants to drop 32
bit ...

:)
Please action the below and remove Ubuntu Desktop i386 daily-live
images from the release manifest for Beta and Final milestones of
17.10 and therefore do not ship ubuntu-desktop-i386.iso artifact for
17.10.
As a followup to this thread it has been confirmed that argumentation
below is sound, and furthermore there is no longer any effective qa or
testing of the desktop product on actual i386 hardware (explicitly non
x86_64 CPUs).
There are no other changes requested to d-i, mini.iso, archive, or the
upgrade paths.
Regards,
Dimitri.
######
--
Regards,
Dimitri.
Jean-Baptiste Lallement
2017-09-27 18:06:00 UTC
Post by Nicholas Skaggs
This means 32-bit images / tests can also be removed from the isotracker.
Right but the tracker is made so that removing them for the development
release would also remove them for previous releases and we still need
them for Xenial point releases.

JB.
Nicholas